Sales of Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles Increased 8.9 Per Cent in November
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Dec. 1 /CNW/ – Nissan Canada Inc. (NCI) today released strong November sales of 5,786 units – an increase of 8.9 per cent over November 2009 and its third consecutive month of year-over-year growth. Sales of Infiniti increased 5.3 per cent over the same month last year (593 units), and are up 16.2 per cent year-to-date. Nissan sales increased 9.3 per cent (5,193 units) in November, up 4.5 per cent year-to-date.
In its first full month of sales the all-new Nissan JUKE urban sport-cross sold 411 units. Altima continued to be the strongest seller in the Nissan line-up with 1,095 units sold, followed by Sentra and Rogue with 792 and 783 units, respectively. Year-over-year growth was dominated by Pathfinder, Frontier and Maxima with increases of 144.2, 143.3 and 98.2 per cent, respectively.
G continues to be Infiniti’s top seller with 293 units, while the all-new 2011 Infiniti QX56 and M saw significant year-over-year increases of 180.0 and 147.1 per cent, respectively. EX continues to be Infiniti’s strongest selling SUV/truck with 137 units sold.
“Momentum continued for both Nissan and Infiniti this month and we anticipate this to continue with the addition of some new and exciting vehicles to both line-ups in 2011,” said Allen Childs, president, Nissan Canada. “We welcome the return of the Nissan Quest early next year and on the Infiniti side, the M Hybrid and Infiniti Performance Line G Coupe will arrive in spring.”
NCI November 2010 HIGHLIGHTS
* Nissan Canada Inc. recorded its third consecutive month of year-over-year sales growth with an increase of 8.9 per cent over November 2009 and up 5.6 per cent year-to-date
* Infiniti had its 13th month of consecutive growth with an increase of 5.3 per cent (593 units) this month and tracking up 16.2 per cent year-to-date
* Sales of Nissan vehicles increased 9.3 per cent this month (5,193 units)
* Altima continued to lead Nissan sales with 1,095 vehicles while the Infiniti G is the strongest seller in the Infiniti line-up with 293 units
* Sales of Pathfinder, Frontier and Maxima increases 144.2, 143.3 and 98.2 per cent, respectively
* Infiniti QX56 and M saw significant year-over-year increases of 180.0 and 147.1 per cent, respectively
Photo of Nissan Juke at AJAC Test Fest taken by Gary Grant