Yes, you read that correctly, Jeremy Clarkson flipped is lid because the end of day meal presented to him was a “cold plate” rather than steak as he wanted.
The lead in bullet points from Mail Online pretty much say it all:
- Clarkson suspended by BBC after allegedly throwing a punch at producer
- He allegedly ‘smacked’ Oisin Tymon, 36, after being offered a ‘cold platter’
- ‘Dust-up’ occurred after Clarkson ‘became furious there was no hot food’
- Witnesses said he demanded steak after long day of filming in Newcastle
- Presenter asked if he’ll be sacked and said: ‘Well, it’s coming, isn’t it’
- Changed his Twitter profile to say he was ‘probbaly’ (sic) a Top Gear host
- Clarkson to be summoned to BBC disciplinary panel ‘by end of the week’
- Prime Minister has waded into row saying he hopes it can be ‘sorted out’
- ‘Bring Back Clarkson’ petition already has 700,000-plus online signatures
- MailOnline poll finds 70% of readers believe he should not be sacked
- BBC faces fines for failing to deliver a full Top Gear series to broadcasters
Basically, to use accepted British terminology, Clarkson is a twat.
Of course the question now is: what comes next? Our friend Eric Trytko from Rumblestrip thinks he might have the answer.
Obviously, Mail Online has more to say on the topic.